Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My Top Ten Holiday"I'll Never" List-December 2012

I've had a great year. Business could always be better and life isn't without its difficult times but overall, both personally and professionally, I've had a great year. Hey, I know that my positive outlook on life isn't for everyone and can even irritate some people, but at this time of year I can't help but reflect on the good things in my life. Many folks I know find the holidays very stressful and depressing, faced with financial difficulties, family obligations, and time restraints. It's easy to focus on the "cons" and lose sight of the "pros." So at a time when many are saying "I'll never get everything done" or "I'll never get through the holidays" here are the top ten on my "I'll never" list that keep me feeling so fortunate every day. I hope, in some small way, it helps you navigate through the stress of the season. •I'll never be rich, but I have everything I need. •I'll never be brilliant, but I'm smart enough to know better. •I'll never be tall, but I can still reach my potential. •I'll never have enough friends, but the ones I have are great. •I'll never be the focus of women's desire, but one woman still loves me. •I'll never have more kids, but the two I have are everything I could want. •I'll never get my hair back, but I still have enough to comb. •I'll never be thin, but most of my clothes still fit. •I'll never be famous, but I'll still be remembered. And last but not least . . . •I'll never be young again, but growing old with the person you love is worth the aches and pains. My best wishes to you and yours for a safe and happy holiday season and a prosperous New Year.

No comments: