Monday, December 20, 2010

December 2010

A Holiday Poem from HR Solutions

Last year at this time I wrote about Bob
A colleague of mine who had just lost his job
I was inspired by Bob's positive state
And his belief that it's you who controls your own fate

So I contacted Bob to wish him good cheer
And see how he fared in this difficult year
To no one's surprise Bob was very upbeat
"Thanks for calling" he said. "This is really a treat"

I asked how he was and if his family was fine
"He replied we're all great as we were in "09"
"What a great year I had in 2010"
"I found a new job and I'm charged up again"

"I'm making less money than I had once before"
"But I feel more valued and that matters much more"
"The company is smaller than my previous one"
"But I know everybody and we really have fun"

"My happiness wasn't based on money or fame"
"Or the title on the door sitting next to my name
"It was knowing I'm surrounded by goodness and love"
"And my wife and my kids who I'm really proud of"

"I don't know what's in store for the next several years"
"But my family and friends take away any fears"
I wished Bob the best and as I hung up the phone
I was never more thankful for the life of my own

I have all that I need at this stage in my life
Great kids, good friends and a wonderful wife
So I give all of you what Bob gave to me
Inspiration to see just how great life can be

From my family to yours, our sincere wish to all of you for a joyous holiday season and healthy and prosperous New Year.


Phil


2011 will be a year of significant change in healthcare, labor law and employment law. Make sure your organization starts the year off right. Call us today to arrange for a free HR audit of your employee policies and employment practices. We'll review your handbooks, hiring documents and other related materials to make sure next year will be a great one for you and your employees. Call us today at 610-287-1162 or email me directly at phil@hrsolutionsonline.com to take advantage of this service.

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

No comments: